'Everybody sees how you seem; however, only some know who you are'

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Amazed...

Yep, I still can't seem to stop being amazed............at the many varieties of confectionary and biscuits available over here. The biscuit and confectionary section of the supermarket always attracts me. It's the most interesting aisle to walk down on, checking out the different, different kinds of biscuits..esp those which are choc-coated.....gosh..YUMmmYy...

As for the confectionary section, there are just so many different kinds of choc bars (the single bars) and the best thing is that the supermarkets have got specials on different choc bars at different weeks. *sigh*

Anyway, the thing which amazes me more is how ONE brand has SO many products. I mean c'mon man...Arnotts has like SOOOOO many types of biscuits from timtams to other choc-coated biscuits to those normal, plain milk biscuits to those cream-filled ones to healthy fruity ones to.......Yea, I know I spend a lot of time looking at biscuits when I'm at the supermarket. Sometimes just lookin at them for fun just cos it's nice to look at them. Lol.

Well, maybe there are also a variety (altho I'm sure it can't be as many as it is here) of biscuits and chocs back home but the difference is that I hardly ever bother to walk down the confectionary aisle when i'm at supermarkets back home. So prolly that might explain why I'm so "awed" with all the biscuits and chocs over here...cos it's here when i picked up the bad, unhealthy eating habit of biscuits & chocs. So.....seems like i just realized how there are so many yummy-looking-and-tasting biscuits around. When i get back, I'm gonna make a trip to the supermarket just to compare the varieties of biscuits from back home with them here. Hahaha..i know im crazy. But it just striked me how come i havent seen this much stuff back home before.

And it scares me how much i've been eating chocs lately. Previously, i got addicted to timtams and other biscuits dipped with milk. Then I managed to cut down on it till i totally stopped eating biscuits. Thought my misery was over...........when suddenly I became addicted to chocs. Kept buying $1 choc bars whenever there was a discount on them. Kept eating. Like one every 2 days?? Or maybe one bar per day?! AHhh!! I NEVER ate chocs or biscuits when i was in penang!!!! Ok, maybe not "never" but i'd eat a choc like once in....a month??? Or more than that. & I hardly felt like eating biscuits at all. If i ever ate some, it was a big deal. And my dad had to ASK me to eat them/OFFER me them chocs and biscuits, otherwise i just wouldnt bother. Compare that with NOW! One choc bar per day!! *faint*

I'm trying to cut down on them now. So far i've managed to stay off it for 2 days. I even made my own sign/post/shoutout to myself and printed it out to be pasted on the wall in front of me. Hope it'd work. Whenever i feel like snacking i'd read it and stop myself from eating. Cos i have, & am becoming, really fat...... =( If the "warning" doesn't work, i dont know what else can help me to stop snacking. I just pasted the sign a few hours ago..lol.. so we'll see if it works. *fingers crossed* (cancel that) *fingers crossed tightly with eyes clenched shut in hope*

No comments: