'Everybody sees how you seem; however, only some know who you are'

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Previous Entries 2005

Thursday, January 13, 2005
funny, weird....nice day

Three of my friends & i were out at gurney for at least 5 hours today. This outing was planned cos one of my friends was gonna leave for aus this sat to further her studies & so.. it was kinda a goodbye thingy. Anyway, everything was normal, we did wat a normal small group of friends would do, hanging around, eating, chatting & taking pics at the oddest places (even the toilet =D ). It was very fun. You don’t kid around like this with friends everyday y’know….One of my friends had to leave at 8.30pm & so that left the 3 of us.

We hung out at coffee bean for awhile & later, my friend told us she had some free coupon thing to get free tea or whatever at winter warmers. So we shifted there, sat outside, the waiter came & took our order, & since we all weren’t tea drinkers (it was herbal tea stuff), we asked the waiter to recommend us to some nice tea. & he “did”……..It came shortly after, peppermint & some sorta thing mixed with it, with a small cup of honey. Supposed to be for slimming & health (that was the explanation written in the menu!). My friend lifted the cover & took a sniff at it. Smelled peppermint alright..We didn’t really drink it then cos it was hot & we were feeling warm too & mosquitos were starting to bite. So we shifted (again!) inside to the air-conditioned place, with the same waiter helping us.

It was all cosy & cooling inside & we wanted to take a picture. That waiter happned to be there so he helped. He even removed a vase of flowers from the table in front to take our picture!!! We were totally embarrassed enough cos he did so many things for us…! Anyway we started to drink this totally….yucky tea. I haven’t drank anything like it before…If I drink tea, it’s either chinese or green tea….We were totally struggling to finish off that pot of free tea, adding as much honey as possible to the drink, thinking the honey would make the tea taste better..But it only tasted like toothpaste..Seriously! I was tryin to figure out what kinda familiar taste that was when my friend answered it for me….toothpaste.Lol. We were drinking tea that tasted disgustingly like toothpaste. We tried not to complain tho, as it was free….

FINALLY, we managed to finish that particular pot. Juz mins after..more like secs, one waiter came to our table holding another pot of tea. We juz stared at it blankly not knowin what was happening when he told us the..uh…..horrible but also…..nice (I should think) news. He was explaining about the tea he was about to serve us & explained that the earlier waiter (the one who helped & made us embarrass) treated us to it!!! We were so……….We juz started laughin. We were more embarrassed & bewildered! There we were struggling to finish up that pot & we get another! Luckily tho, this was much better, didn’t taste like toothpaste at all, but we struggled anyway.. & by the time we were done, man..my stomach was bloated with tea..When I got home I used the toilet right away. AHaha…

Anyway, after we were done drinking the 2nd pot, we went over to thank that guy, think his name’s Sean, (when that waiter who served mentioned stg like “sean treated”) & he was lost for words too when my friend asked wat brought him to do that. HAahah…the other friend of mine had to chip in to help him & not make him feel so embarrassed. Lol..wat an experience. We felt totally honoured =D Still don’t know what made him treat us to another pot of tea!!!! When I brushed my teeth earlier, I tasted the toothpaste tea we drank earlier…….Oh no….I’m gonna havta taste it every morn & nite….???!!!! HELP ME!! erk.....

No comments: