'Everybody sees how you seem; however, only some know who you are'

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Some guyyss...*sigh*

Last night, my friends and I hung out at a pub after soooo long not hanging out in a group, much less after not meeting some of them for quite some time. We had good fun then headed to O' Connell to have supper. AB it was..yummm. Still don't get why it's called abortion though. Makes such a nice, yummy meal seem so....i-dont-know. Just wonder who came up with that name for a dish, of all names.....

Anyway! That's beside the point. The point is, before the food came up, I walked across the road to the O'Connell bakery shop to see if i could get a warm drink there (and also cos my friend was lookin for a toilet). After getting my drink and on the way back about to cross the street, there was this group of guys sitting down outside and one of them started talkin to me. At first I thought he was asking for directions and I obviously didnt really know the area around so i just shook my head and continued walking on, having to hurry after my friend who was walkin in front. Then I heard him call after saying "....bla bla..he's drunk..." (indicating to one of his friends..altho when i looked, the guy didnt seem drunk at all) Didn't really catch watever he was saying, cos all the time since the time he started talking, I was walking past (so imagine the whole conversation taking place in less than a few secs).

So yeh, I slowed down and paused a few steps away from them, wondering what he meant, whether it was help they needed or something.. *stupidly* I then went "huh? Sorry??" & he said "you're lookin good". BAH. At this point, i just turned on my heel and started walking away, not caring whatever they were on about. Those guys started calling out things at once as I walked quickly away to join my friend who was about to cross the street. Of all the things they were saying, I only caught one sentence and that was "what's your number?!".

I almost wanted to turn around and tell them, "You guys should get a life" before I crossed the street. But on second thoughts, they'd prolly walk over opposite and beat me up.

Australia isn't as different as it is in Malaysia. Although in Malaysia, it would be more disgusting cos there'd be malay guys involved and you don't feel safe at all considering all the rape/molest cases there are in Malaysia, so it's much much worse than it is over here. At least the guys who "disturb" you over here are way cuter too. LOL.

But then, in Malaysia, when any guy says a 'hello' to you as you walk by, you'll know what they're up to. Whereas in Australia, there are certain guys/men who just greet you out of the blue, and you wouldn't know what their intentions are cos some greetings are out of friendliness. That's just the difference.

Other than that....hell. Not much of a difference. A few months ago when i was into "intense" exercising (till i hurt my knee) and would go walking/jogging around torrens river at least 3 times a week, I came across this group of young boys on bicycles. I was brisk walkin, listening to music and enjoying nature around me, not paying much attention to the empty path ahead of me when these boys cycled past. I repeat, they were BOYS. Naturally, i glanced at them - i glance at everyone who comes in the opposite direction on my path cos usually the path would be empty...and that's what everyone would do right?! So yea, i just glanced at them to see if they were hot or anything (hahha..thats when i found out they were boys and lost interest immediately) not expecting anything to happen at all, when the one in front called out "heyy sexyyy..." as he cycled past.

Whooooaa...I almost stopped in my tracks for a minute there (but of course i didnt). THey were boys for goodness sake!!! 13-14 yrs of age maybe? Hell. That was just out of place man..! Lol. I was so surprised and instantly muttered to myself "Guys..." on a note of sarcasm. After that, I continued my walk with all thoughts about guys in Penang and guys in australia, like how im comparing them in this post now. Lol. That shout out totally reminded me and made me picture those really disgustingly horny malay guys back home....BRrrr..

SOme guys really just have nothing else better to do than to sit around and call out something to a girl who passes by. Esp those guys who would sit by gurney drive...penang ppl would know. SO saddening. They should get a life.

ANd I end here with another sarcastic note.

GUYS....!

*roll eyes*

4 comments:

Lin said...

ROTFL!!!
BOYS calling u sexy?! =D
oh my gosh...so funny!!!
hmmm...never come across this kinda situation so i'd never know =P
bur yeah, i would like to add in as well...

GUYS!! *rolls eyes*

Unknown said...

My God woman!Don't be so cold lah!One of them could be your soulmate. And since they're hot, just play along lol
But yes, I do agree with you and your friend.
GUYS!@#$%!@%#!!!!urgh

jennifer said...

hahaaha stacey! What a funny comment!! One of them being my soulmate. hahaaha. you really made me laugh out loud on that one.

lol. looks like we girls "despise" guys huh? hahahah. First ee lin's comment, then stacey's comment esp with the "#$%!@%#!!!!" LOL. Really really made me laugh. =D

Anyway, i sorta got 'scolding' so i think i'd better state my point clearly to any guy who reads this post. WHen i said 'GUYS..!' at the end, it referred to my post title which was "some guys". So it doesnt mean I'm being a guy-hater. The word "SOME" makes a lot of difference, so it's not just guys in general..So dont come banging on my door with 'parangs' guys...

As for you two girls who commented, i dunno whether your angry "guy-expression" was based on some guys or guys in general sooo...... ;)

Lin said...

haha...guys in general means some guys which also means most of the guys...=D
but then again, my friend keeps reminding me: guys will always be guys, no matter how nice they are.