'Everybody sees how you seem; however, only some know who you are'

Friday, August 10, 2007

NEVER EVER..

EVER EVER will i agree to cook againnnnnn...!!!!! Last week, my friend(s) was(were) asking where we were goin for lunch right after we were done with our lectures. And so, I told them I had to go home cos I already took my frozen fish out of the freezer to defrost it, thus, i couldnt join them for lunch that day. That simple question-answer lead to a topic about cooking and what is or has been cooking..and then..

Sung: hey, why don't you cook for us one day.. we'll go over to yr house for lunch.. make it monday!

Shi Wei: yeh.. Cook for us..!

Jason: yaaa..we'll go over to eat...!

Me: errrr......okkkk.... (thinking it'd be a chance to at least be able to cook for others - others as in more than one person!! Cos i used to cook for my housemate before we decided to cook individually)

The above conversation has been altered of course; don't expect me to remember the convo word for word rightt..

Anyway, I was supposed to cook last monday. But since i didnt go grocery shopping I decided to postpone it to this monday. Went grocery shopping earlier and bought all the things needed for my monday-meal. Am planning to cook a chicken-chop-like meal for them. For those of you who dunno what chicken chop is, it's actually a western meal - chicken with gravy over it and the usual side dishes like mixed vege & chips. But of course, I wouldnt be doing chips, hell no. I don't even have a wok at home and frying chips is just too messy. Neway, yes, i'll be cooking an improvisation of a chicken chop meal.

Got back, kept my things, dumped the big bag of chicken into the freezer (noticing that the plastic bag which contained the chicken was thinning dangerously..meaning it was QUITE heavy...meaning there were MANY pieces of chicken in it...meaning i had to cook for MANY people). So yeh. Dumped the chicken into the freezer for like 5 secs. And then realized I havent cleaned the chicken. Took it back out, took out the first piece....and............O.O (i dunno wat/how some ppl make that emoticon-lookin thing, im not sure if i've done it correctly but it's supposed to be a picture of a big, rounded-eyed person).

I was shocked. Ok. Not like i havent cleaned a chic before but everytime i buy chic, i dont recall seeing that much fat hanging all over it before!!! Shit. Looked into the bag. Realized that all the chicken fillets I've bought were identical to the first one i was holding onto. Felt like crying - literally. So then, I had no choice did I? Settled down to cleaning all 8 pieces of chicken. yes. EIGHT. It took me more than an hour to clean them all of fat and oil. STUPID DAMNED pieces of chicken. WHy did they have to have so much fat around them!? Not only around them but in the middle, and elsewhere!!! All bits and pieces of fat here and there. goshhh. I'll not be touching chicken for a few weeks again...

After cleaning them off, i swear the chicken shrunk in size and the fat which was holding the meat together ended up with holes and gaps in btw the meat. I hope those people would be full cos suddenly a piece of chic looks small. But i really dont give a damn now. After the whole process of cleaning and when i was FINALLY done with those, I decided to just finish with the rest. Might as well, since i was already on with it. So I washed carrots and broccoli and cut them all and stored them into containers for monday. So all i have left to do is just to cook. All preparations done! I ended at 10pm. And here I am typing this away after a shower.

My hands and fingers are all sore and rough and wrinkled and peeling now. Not exaggerating. Cos of the hours preparing and it was wet all the time, not to mention how hard it was cleaning eight pieces of chicken. My nails are all jagged and uneven now due to chicken-cleaning and hours of dampness causing them to be too soft, some just peeled.

GAaaahhhh!!!!! Not gonna agree to cook anymore!! Or maybe it's just the wrong meal to make. Or I just should have bought chic breast instead of chic fillet which doesnt have much fat. Or some guy shouldn't have brought this idea up then I wouldnt have had to cook in the first place. lol. This Monday-Meal better be a success or the people involved would have to pay for the time wasted just to clean chicken!!

PS. Pretty motivating though, as i can show off pictures later of what i've done..seemingly as I havent cooked meals at all back home, and here i am, gonna cook something for a bunch of people. Lol. How funny; my parents would laugh if they heard this.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Lin said...

hahaha~ jennifer!!
wanted to ask u about it when i saw ur pm but then decided to check ur blog to see if u mentioned and voila!
cooking is actually very time-consuming...unless u have ppl to have to prepare...=S
remember to update ur blog on how the cooking went!! =D

Anonymous said...

hey jennifer, andrew wong here.. just dropping by to say hi =) how have u been?

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA jenniferrr oh jennifer HEHEHE ur simply hilariously blur! lol... oh well..im waitinggggg... lunch on monday? im in!! weeee*

Shi Wei said...

omg! didn't know u went through so much trouble just because of our stupid suggestion :P thanks heaps for having us at ur place!

jennifer said...

ee lin: yup, will post shortly, im suddenly feeling lazy to blog all over again!! hahaha. no blogging mood.

joanne: hmprf! in what way am i blur in this post? ='(

shi wei: no problem at all. It was a rare occasion!! hahaaha..!!

Anonymous said...

hey i like your motto:'Everybody sees how you seem; however, only some know who you are'. =)

jennifer said...

heheh..true righttt...i love that quote =D