'Everybody sees how you seem; however, only some know who you are'

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

scraping & recycling

Two different unrelated things. Since i've got all the time in the world, i decided to write about this. lol. I'm suddenly blogging so often arent i?? =D
i cant make a space btw my 2 paragraphs that i have to write stg!
First off with scraping. Must be wondering what i actually mean by that. But the word is basically just the word itself, and if you link it with food, maybe you'd have a better idea of what scraping is all about in my point of view. haha. It's just one of the weird (or unique perhaps?) things i enjoy doing besides the restaurant list and other bunch of weird things i might enjoy doing. lol. I think i learned more about myself having to live on my own & everything. Although before i came here, i already had the habit of scraping everything off my plate leaving it empty & clean after a meal (something i inherited from my dad), i never thought i'd enjoy scraping jars/bottles which are nearly empty. I just get the satisfaction of seeing the bottle becoming cleaner with every scrape & it's also very enjoyable being able to taste the little leftovers that's left in the bottle. The only setback is having the scraping hand aching after the job's completed.

I got to do some scraping this morning cos our Nutino (stg we decided to try out instead of Nutella - it tastes just like Choki-choki!! that choc strip we used to suck on when we were kids!) was nearly finished.

halfway thru the process

scraping done!

As for the recycling, i guess it only started thanks to exam period when we ate home a lot and had heaps of recyclable stuff littering the floor near the rubbish bin. Usually, we'd throw them all away together with the rubbish cos it'd be usually only 2-3 things which wasnt worth walkin to the recycling bin near our place. But cos it was exam period, our trash wasnt exactly full and we didnt want to throw the rubbish away so quickly when it wasnt full yet, thus, decided to pack all the recyclables into its own bags to provide space in the rubbish bin for other wet, dirty non-recyclable things. & since then, i think our recycling habit will be on-going. Which i am glad for =D

My mom instilled this recycling habit into me - something she started on not too long ago when i was in the later years of high school - that when i got here, i just HAD to recycle all my notes & papers from uni even if it meant having to walk to uni just to dump it all into the recycling bin. I just wish there was a recycling bin nearer our place!! Luckily there's one only a 3-min stroll away but that's still only for glass/plastic/cans. Wonder why there isnt one for cardboard/paper!! grrr.

It's funny how my mom used to nag me everytime she found anything recyclable in the main rubbish bin instead of the trash bag for recyclables. I always either forgot, or i had that dont-care attitude that i just threw away everything straight into the rubbish bin. But as the years go by, this habit has stuck to me that it's become part of my daily thing to want to recycle recyclables. I mean if you have stuff to save the environment, might as well dump it in a recycling bin instead of dumping it in another trash bin. Either way, you still have to throw them away, just in a separate bin.

all our stuff to be recycled, already threw a batch away last week! help save the environment!

this and another bag will be going into the paper recycling bin after my results come out!! just in case anything bad happens, i'll still keep all my notes and stuff. but hopefully i dont need them ever again.

Whew & i guess post-exam period really makes me post up looooong random blogs!!!

6 comments:

Lin said...

oh...cheh, u like scraping is it?? then i'll let u scrape la ;)

jennifer said...

goodness!!! first msn then my blog?? why do i get all this weird things from ppl!! spamming!!!! & yeah ee lin, that's why i asked you to leave the peanut butter bottle to me after you've finished so i can scrape =D

prasana@poel said...

hahaha wow ur a proffesional scraper!!! did such a good job on the choc spread...like serious;y its sooooo cleanly done! hahahaha.

Lin said...

i didn't know ma...i thought u wanted to scrape cause u didn't wanna waste...manatau it's one of ur weird (in a good way) hobbies...LOL

jennifer said...

hahahhaaha. lmao. thank you, thank you. who knows both of you might enjoy doin it one day. hahahaa

Lin said...

LOL i'm sure i'll enjoy doing something else...not scraping...XD
i'll tell u when i've found out what.