'Everybody sees how you seem; however, only some know who you are'

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

.......!!!!!!

WHO WOULD EVER BELIEVE IT IF I TOLD THEM I WAS DOING CHORES THE WHOLE ARVO!!!!!!

.......................

I can hardly believe it myself..!!!!!

Insanity!!! I dont even know how the hell it happened..! I started after lunch at bout 2pm. And since then i havent gotten a chance to sit down till now! & it's almost 7pm! GOodnesS! I think this is the first time EVER such a thing has happened to me.

Started off by cleaning and wiping my table and the objects on it then wiping the bedpost and watever that's got dust on it. Then changed bedsheets and took all my clothes and bedsheets & everything to the laundry room to do laundry. Goodness. I wasted 12 bucks on laundry today. 3 washing machines to wash my clothes, my bedsheets & covers & my quilt. How exhausting. I was practically going in & out of my room the whole day!! While the washing machines were doing their jobs i cleaned the toilet and then the sink. But still dont get how time could past just like that. FOUR friggin hours!!! Maybe even more than that. I was walking here & there till i got hungry. & i thought i'd finish by 5pm and then have time to exercise. How wrong was i! It's already dinnertime & i havent even showered.

My goodness. Have i mentioned how i despise washing my quilt cover. You gotta take the whole big heavy quilt out and after it's done you gotta put the whole thing back in & it's just SO bloody difficult to put it back in!!! Imagine having a big gigantic flabby pillow which you've gotta put into its cover. Goodness. Everytime i wash the whole set of my bed stuff, i'll always lose my patience. & it always leaves my back aching at the end.

When the time came to vacuum, my back was aching so terribly that i had to stand up straight so ever often in case my body snapped into two!! It was THAT bad. ouch ouch. =( Havent done chores for this long EVER. I seriously have no freakin clue how it even happened!!! On the plus side, at least now i dont have anymore chores to do & everything is sparkling clean! I just hope my back feels normal soon!! bah.

7 comments:

Lin said...

well, look on another bright side, u ALREADY did ur workout! ;)
i only got to know how hard doing chores is when i had to leave home and come study in australia. makes me appreciate my mom even more! she does everything, and i mean EVERYTHING for my bro and i, in fact, for the whole family! =)

Sabrina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

LOL...Jen, I was smiling frm ear to ear reading ur post today...Why? Coz that is exactly what i did as well? longest house chores ever. Can i just copy paste...?everyting describe me...LOL

jennifer said...

Ee lin: i knoww!! it's only when i got here that i realised how my mom must have felt and admiring her for it, having to be so selfless despite everything. & i was also more aware bout the things she used to nag me about. everything was SO clear. i felt like i was in my mom's position & i only realised it when i came here how hard it can be having to sacrifice doing things without being calculative.

well, at least you've managed well seeing as you never did nethin back home!! at least i still do chores back home myself like washing dishes, hang clothes, wash shoes..etc etc just not the BIG things like change bedsheets or wash toilet!! hahahaa. so you've actually managed fairly well. luckily ur not spoiled in the wrong way. =)tee-heee

sab: hahahaa really???! lol. what a big coincidence!!! doing house chores on the same day. =P

Lin said...

oh, i thought u guys hired like weekly house-keepers or something! wow...4 thumbs (incl 2 toes) to our mums!! ermm...i think cause i did too much chores when i was growing up...i hated chores after that XP i used to sweep the floor, mop the floor, wash dishes (and my hands peel VERY easily), wipe dusty stuff etc. after that i realised chores aren't fun after all, so i ditched them! =D but i'm sure u can tell, i'm quite lazy in doing chores...teehee XP i juz do it when i really cannot tahan or because i feel i need to...hehehe...if not i'll avoid them altogether! ok, time for dinner!!

jennifer said...

oh ya we do hire them but only comes once a week. So other days sometimes my mom also has to keep the house clean. aih. suddenly need some pampering!! =(

prasana@poel said...

Good on ya gurls!! dont worry nice loooong break for all....and yup kudos to our mummies! they are supermums..gotta love em for all they've done.