'Everybody sees how you seem; however, only some know who you are'

Friday, November 2, 2007

that's what you get for helping ppl out!! =D

WOOOOHOOoooooooo!!!!!

I got 5 bucks!!!! lol. I know it's not a biggie but it's considered RM 15!!! & you can get extra stuff than what you could get without this 5 bucks! & i didnt even have to really EARN it. WOOhoo!!!! I'm richer by 5 bucks!!!

WHY???

just because I helped 2 people out yesterday!

hahaahah.. man am i proud of myself now. LOL.

WOW.

What JOY! When i saw the money i couldnt stop smiling (that doesnt mean im money-faced!!)

Neway, yesterday i had just set off to cooking my dinner when the intercom buzzed. So had to leave my vege cooking for a while to go answer the phone. It seemed 2 people were locked out because they went out & they forgot to bring their key with them (& they both stay in a studio apmt, a 2-room unit.. meaning even if i let them into the apmt, they have no key to enter their unit as no one would be inside to let them in! - unlike our 4-bedroom unit)

SO then, this guy & girl were asking me to help them out, to call the Student Living after-hours emergency & ask whoever it was to come get them into their unit. So okaayyy..told them i'd do it & they told me they'd just stay outside the building & wait for the student living ppl to come.

Was feeling a little irritated cos i was cooking halfway...! When i replaced the receiver & went to check on my vege, found that they've already shrunk in size from overcooking & was on the process to being burned. -_-

ANYWAY! Had to turn off the stove & set my cooking aside for a while, went to get my phone & called the student living after-hour's thingy. The guy answered & i was explaining the whole scenario to him. THEN, he told me to get to those 2 & to tell them that he was going to have to charge them to get them their key....

I was like..."huh..i dont think it matters if you charge them cos either way, they'd need to get into their apmt!" .. I was being so clear that i was lazy to go downstairs just to tell those 2 that there was gonna be charges!! Pretty lame right?!

But the guy still insisted I go inform them that there'll be charges -_- BLoodY hell. If it was Malaysia, you didnt have to ask twice. It would mean profit!!!! GOsH.

So, feeling annoyed than ever, I had to take my keys & then went downstairs & outside to meet those 2. Lol. Seemed like those 2 were actually neighbours just living across the corridor from our unit. hahaha.. Was feeling sheepish then (& ashamed maybe, altho i didnt know them well) for being annoyed/irritated when helping someone out.

Told them what happened, yada yada...called the student living guy again & then finally said he'll be there in 15 minutes. All settled then! The girl was sooo appreciative saying thank you over & over, it made me feel happy for helping out. hahaah. I guess somehow you'd always feel happy after helping ppl out no matter how annoyed you were earlier...

Story ends when I left to resume my cooking. . . or so i thought.

I just went out to get a drink of water when i saw 5 bucks on the table on top of a piece of paper which had been peeled off from somewhere (prolly our door) cos there was sticky tape on it. Couldnt help but feel curious so went to take a look. & yes! It was for me! hahahaa..That's why i couldnt stop smiling when i saw it. It was so unexpected & so unnecessary & so sweet of them & so thoughtful & so grateful...whoaaahh. SO many things at once. They were thanking me for getting them into their apmt & saying the 5 bucks should be enough to cover the cost of the phone call & my time.

SO SWEET HUH!? I didnt expect anything in return at all but when things happen unexpectedly, it's when the benefit is at its max. lol. Now i feel like doing more good deeds. hahha. No, not for money but cos it just makes yr heart smile =) !

2 comments:

Lin said...

Hahahahaha~
blogging when u're supposed to b studying!!
i'm glad that u're glad helping ppl...
i don't know what i'm crapping...LOL

jennifer said...

hhaahah nvm nvm i get what you mean =P